Welcome to the Frontpage
CAFEPM.info is the web home of the Cardiff & Vale Federation of Practice Managers.
Membership of the Federation is open to all Practice Managers and Deputy Practice Managers within the Cardiff & Vale University Local Health Board area. The aims of the Federation are:
- To seek continuous improvements in patient services by promoting effective partnership working between all those involved in the management of primary and secondary healthcare.
- To achieve recognition of the vital and developing role of managers of general practices and to seek accreditation of their professional status.
- To provide representation of the views of Practice Managers on strategic Local Health Board committees.
- To provide an inclusive forum for debate on all aspects of practice management, and to be open to new, innovative methods.
- To provide a pool of experience and specialist expertise in the management of general practice both directly to practice managers and their staff, and via nominated advisors to the Local Health Board, Business Services Centre and associated bodies.
To get the most out of the website you must first be a member of the federation and you must also sign up to use the website using the login box on the left. When ever you visit the website please remember to login so you can access the members only sections.
This website offers its members the following:
Federation Buying Group - This service enables you to take advantage of special discounts negotiated by the Federation on behalf of its members
Federation Library - This provides a comprehensive list of useful software and internet applications. Templates to download and print, including job profiles , employment contracts & miscellaneous forms. Album of photographs taken at various management functions. Published and locally written articles of particular interest to managers of general practices
Federation Knowledge Bank - Useful web links in areas such as health, government, management/business support, professional bodies, CPD. A section dedicated to FAQ's, answers to commonly asked questions on a range of practice management issues